I have been mainly working on UI / usability improvements and trying to iron out some persistent bugs. Here are the things that still need to be done before the 1.3 release:
- Figure out how to properly downgrade conversation to plaintext (Ian’s explanation on the otr-dev mailing list wasn’t clear to me, so maybe Miron could be of help)
- Hopefully this will fix the “missing messages” bug.
- Rigorously test the security of the new password storage mechanism (uses iOS keychain)
- Make the XMPP SSL certificate-checking options (hostname mismatch, or allowing self-signing) per-account, rather than global, and only for custom XMPP accounts.
- Implement SSL cert verification if possible.
- Fix the “multiple conversations with the same buddy” bug.